[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 570: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 626: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
JustPlainTerror.com • greek cuisina

<  Ask DJ Wicked  ~  greek cuisina

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:01 pm Reply with quote Report this post
do you ever actually play @ the greek? everytime i've gone in there on friday night you're never there.

one more question: what portland dj's would you recommend seeing? i just moved here and don't really know any names of dj's besides you

thanks

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:39 pm Reply with quote Report this post
User avatar OG Posts: 546 Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:37 pm Location: Portland, OR...the "Hate" Northwest!Website: http://www.JustPlainTerror.com
Yep...if I don't happen to already be booked for a different gig, then you can more than likely catch me spinning records at the Greek on Friday nights. I was there last Friday and I'll be there this Friday as well.

As far as other Portland DJ's you should see, check out DJ Wels, GrimRock, and Mello C......and if your lucky, DJ Kola, Mach 1 and DJ Y-Roc.........to name a few.

Peace.
-Wicked

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:43 pm Reply with quote Report this post
do you spin radio type stuff at the greek?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:57 pm Reply with quote Report this post
User avatar OG Posts: 546 Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:37 pm Location: Portland, OR...the "Hate" Northwest!Website: http://www.JustPlainTerror.com
FUCK THE RADIO!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:00 am Reply with quote Report this post
that's what i figured. i only asked because that's all i hear professor stone and sneakers play.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:08 pm Reply with quote Report this post
Yeah, I went when those Beat Junkie guys were up from Cali and didn't see you there either. They were playing STRAIGHT jiggy stuff upstairs and 80s downstairs...

Needless to say I paid, stayed 5 minutes and was out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:34 pm Reply with quote Report this post
-Unfortunately I can't be there every single Friday....I'm a busy man, what can I say. I WILL be there tonight though. Will you?

-I really wanted to see that Jimi Handtrix/Beat junkies show, but from the sounds of it, maybe I didn't miss much aye?

Belly - Anytime you're headed to the Greek, let me know and I'll throw you on the guest list.

Peace.
-Wicked

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:04 pm Reply with quote Report this post
Quote:
Yeah, I went when those Beat Junkie guys were up from Cali and didn't see you there either. They were playing STRAIGHT jiggy stuff upstairs and 80s downstairs...

Needless to say I paid, stayed 5 minutes and was out.
that's just what type of crowd the greek is. people want to dance and unfortunately those knuckleheads can only dance to things they "known". in other words shit they've heard on the radio 20 times per day. i went an saw j-boogie and he did they same thing. nothin but radio. i love underground and old school hip-hop but if that's not making people dance then what good is it to play it live for people? dj's are entertainers and can't always play what you want to play.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:26 pm Reply with quote Report this post
Last Friday at the greek cuisina was cool.
Dj sneakers played the first half of the night keeping the crowd movin with the mainstream vibe.
Then Dj wicked took over and finished the last half of the night off with the undaground flavors.
The night started off a bit slow, but it was packed by midnight. Lots of girlies in the place.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:06 am Reply with quote Report this post
Quote:

I was there for that also. I was talking to knighthawk and he brought a grip of underground vinyl to play. for example when he dropped a digable planets track everyone walked off of the stage then when he threw on that holla back song from that steffani chick everyone rolled out on the dance floor and of course they both have to play to the crowd. but at the end of the night they started playing some nice cuts like some old Rodney O and Joe cooley, some of the new Felt2 album, and some older DJ Quick tracks. i did pick up a mixtape from DeuceAce and knighthawk for free 8)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:10 am Reply with quote Report this post
Quote:

I was there for that also. I was talking to knighthawk and he brought a grip of underground vinyl to play. for example when he dropped a digable planets track everyone walked off of the stage then when he threw on that holla back song from that steffani chick everyone rolled out on the dance floor and of course they both have to play to the crowd. but at the end of the night they started playing some nice cuts like some old Rodney O and Joe cooley, some of the new Felt2 album, and some older DJ Quick tracks. i did pick up a mixtape from DeuceAce and knighthawk for free 8)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:03 am Reply with quote Report this post
You can check DJ WICKED throwing down underground every wednesday ...

WICKED WEDNESDAYS
@the GREEK, 3rd floor
While he is on tour we have DJ WELS, DJ ALTER ONE, DJ GRIMROCK & DJ SUN...
holdin that shit down every week maaaayn...

> 2.8.2006....SIRENS ECHO (female Mc's of Oldominion), COOL NUTZ, and the "World Famous" DJ CHILL, DJ WELS, GAINON.......... Open Mic

> 2.15.2006... Wind down after Valentines with Dj Rev.Shines (Lifesavas)

> 3.8.2006......the RHYMESAYERS "Dead Radio" tour, Welcome home bash....
feat: GRAYSKUL (Onry & JFK of Oldominion), EMERGE MCS (Myg & Gainon) & the FRONTLINE (Destro of Boom Bap Project, Snafu, Nyquil of Oldominion).... and of course DJ WICKED all over that mess..........
VERY SPECIAL GUESTS........TBA

so tell your friends and support WICKED WEDNESDAYS........non stop HIP HOP...